Friday, June 24, 2022

"Dare" by Revolution, I Love You

 


Revolution, I Love You  are billed as a post-punk electronic band from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  They rose from the ashes of Newark, Delaware grunge band Radiowhore, though... so I'm going to consider them a Delaware band.  My blog.  I do what I want.

The shift to a more synth-dominated sound makes R, ILY a near-perfect stylistic match for Damon Albarn led trip-hop outfit Gorillaz.

Here, they pay homage to "Dare," the second single off of 2005 album "Demon Days."

The official Gorillaz video has racked up over 239 million views on YouTube, and, though I'm not at all invested in the story of Noodles or why she has the giant disembodied head of Black Grape front man Shaun Ryder in her closet, when she starts tapping her animated toes and shaking that cartoon groove thing, I get it.  This song.... both versions of this song.... are catchy AF.

No comments:

Post a Comment