Wednesday, September 21, 2022

"Tush" by Waxapples

 


Sometimes, all it takes is a different singer to completely change someone's perspective on a song.

For instance, there's Long Beach, California band Waxapples' reworking of 1975 12-bar blues classic "Tush," originally by Houston, Texas trio and Hall of Fame inductees ZZ Top.

Waxapples are quite successful at swapping out the misogyny of the ZZ Top lyrics for a heaping spoonful of misandry.

Substitute the lyric "Lord, take me downtown, I'm just lookin' for some tush" with "Lord, take me downtown, I'm just trolling for someone to get dirty with, more than likely anonymously, ideally behind the dumpster of a nearby pizza parlor."

When Waxapples sing that line.... it's pretty hot.

When ZZ Top sing it, I think...... maybe you should get the mesquite rub out of your long-assed beard first, cretin.

No comments:

Post a Comment