Thursday, January 12, 2023

"We Belong" by Denmark + Winter

 


Denmark + Winter are an indie music duo that have been uploading cover versions of pop songs to their YouTube channel since 2014.

Their bio on Twitter and Spotify reads simply "On your screens and in your dreams."

So, I set out on a Carmen Sandiego type mission to find out where in the world Denmark + Winter hail from.

I started with the too obvious choice of Denmark, but could find no evidence substantiating that they are a Danish band.

So, I started internet sleuthing.

A Facebook post from July of 2020 had a comment from the band that said that their latest release was mastered at Spitfire Mastering.  The only production company I could find with that name was based out of Italy.  

But, I could find no other evidence that they are an Italian band.

Their profile at allmusic.com lists their music label as De Novo.  De Novo Music Group is located out of New Hampshire.  So, I thought there was a strong possibility that they, like Grand Funk Railroad before them, were an American band.

But, again, no.

Finally hit jackpot when I looked through posts mentioning the band, and found one from Of Verona, who indicated that they were involved with Denmark + Winter.  

A search of "Of Verona" led to Mandi Perkins and resolved the mysterious whereabouts of Denmark + Winter.

They're based out of Toronto, Canada

 I think.

Here is their version of 1984 new wave love song "We Belong," originally from New York, New York singer songwriter Pat Benatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment