Saturday, February 11, 2023

"Like a Stone" by Lena Hall

 


I was humming Glendale, California supergroup Audioslave's 2003 song "Like a Stone" while chopping vegetables or brewing a coffee or... I don't know.  But, I was in the kitchen.  I think.  Probably not an important detail.

Jess walks by me.

"What's that song?," she asked.

"Like a Stone," I responded.

"Like a Stone?  Sounds dumb."

And, you know.... it kind of is.

I'll wait for you there/like a stone

There are better lines, for sure.  

I'll wait for you there/like a guy in the DMV line for renewing registrations. (better)

I'll wait for you there/like a Pomeranian with separation anxiety. (even better)

Lackluster lyrics aside, it's still pretty catchy.  Catchy enough to hum while chopping coffee or brewing vegetables.

Here's a 2018 cover version from Broadway performer Lena Hall.


No comments:

Post a Comment