Saturday, November 4, 2023

"Last Night" by Carah

 


Happiest of birthdays to my big sister!

There's the age old nature vs. nurture debate, and Jamie is sometimes a case study for the nature side.

Case in point -- a couple of years ago, she posted pictures of an event that she attended, with a giant "MW" across the stage shown from an aerial camera.

I thought, initially and completely rationally, that maybe it was a convention of dictionary enthusiasts, partying when that new Merriam-Webster drops.

I looked up city events, and found that she had actually seen Morgan Wallen, a country singer from the raging metropolis of Sneedville, Tennessee.

I'm assuming that Jamie paid money in exchange for a ticket to this event, where, if I were offered thirty thousand dollars to attend, I'd have to weigh the pros and cons. Not having student loans would be nice and all, but.... sheesh.

She marches to her own drum, and, more oft than not, that drum is accompanying some C&W.

Here's a cover of one of Wallen's more radio-friendly hits, this year's release "Last Night," as covered by Nashville, Tennessee transplant Carah.

No comments:

Post a Comment