Wednesday, March 30, 2022

"Soak Up The Sun" by Judah & The Lion

 




What in the "Rainbow Connection" is this?

I don't know what I was expecting from Nashville rock band Judah & The Lion, but a banjo intensive remodel of Sheryl Crow's song of happiness through hardship wasn't it.  

It's good, though!  Just... surprising for a band that draws comparisons to Jimmy Eat World and Twenty One Pilots

I didn't look up the lyrics, but the second half of the chorus sounds like they're crooning "Every time I fellate my lucky dog."

Which makes me look at Sheryl in a whole new and entirely disturbing light.  

And you KNOW that those are the words I'm singing every time I hear this.  Maybe you will, too!  Maybe something's wrong with you, to sing this song the way I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment