Friday, June 16, 2023

"You're the One that I Want" by Lo-Fang

 


On this day 45 years ago, Grease was the word, was the word that you heard.

The musical "Grease" starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John debuted in theaters, and one of the bright spots on the soundtrack was their duet "You're the One That I Want," a song that was added specifically for the movie.

On his 2014 album "Blue Film," Columbia, Maryland artist Lo-Fang covered the international hit.

While the original was more you're the one that I want in a romantic way, Lo-Fang's is more you're the one that I want displayed in my dimly lit foyer, encased in carbonite like Han Solo in "Return of the Jedi."

For a cover by Olivia Newton-John, her version of Meatloaf's "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment