Friday, April 8, 2022

"Ace of Spades" by Schroeder

 


The internet can be super weird sometimes.

In a Reddit forum dedicated to the (mostly) Independent internet music company Bandcamp, I asked if any artists had cover songs that they would like to have written up here, in the hopes of boosting their YouTube viewership by, like, six.

The first response I received was from a member of the band Schroeder, who directed me toward their 2018 album with this Shoegaze revision of prolific UK hard rock group 's little ditty extolling the joys of high stakes poker, "Ace of Spades."

From a post in a community with nearly 17,000 members, my first response came from Schroeder.

A band from Newark, Delaware.

That I played a show with about 25 years ago.

What are the chances?

(actual chances = .0059%)

With that kind of luck, or serendipitous whatever, maybe I should hit the tables!  The only card I need is the Ace of Spades!  Ace of Spades!


No comments:

Post a Comment