Tuesday, April 12, 2022

"Seventeener" by Kellan Miller


 

As his seventeenth birthday approached, West Virginia youngster Kellan Miller set out to record a studio version of Chicago based punk band The Lawrence Arms' ballad "Seventeener."

At least, that's the story I've heard.  I'm waiting on the copy of the school ID that proves that he's 17.  His voice says otherwise.  

Like the kids on my son's tee ball team who are over four feet tall.  They can't be six years old, can they?

Anyhow, Kellan belts this one out with an intonation that singers twice his age would envy.

Now, The Lawrence Arms.

I know so little about them, despite their releasing seven full length albums.

Here's what I do know, though.

Their lead singer has amassed over 29,000 Twitter followers... roughly the capacity crowd at a Cleveland Guardians home game.

When Kellan sent him his version of the song, he returned a well thought out response.

Whether I get the chance to visit their discography, and whatever my opinion of their music might be if I do, I have to give kudos for the individualized attention that he gave to, at the very least, one of his fans.

Good on you, Lawrence Arms.  Good on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment