Sunday, August 28, 2022

"Glory Days" by Andra Day

 


I imagine that the phone conversation between Edmonds, Washington jazz vocalist Andra Day and a Pixar executive went something like this:

Pixar Executive : Andra, you have a lovely voice, and we'd like to hire you to sing a song on the soundtrack of the forthcoming animated film "Cars 3."  Are you interested?

Andra Day : Yes!

Pixar Executive : It's a cover of the 1984 Bruce Springsteen single "Glory Days."  You've heard that song before, right?

Andra Day : Uhmmmm .... I think so?

Pixar Executive : So, you can cover it?  Like, you have a fairly good grasp on the song structure and timing and meter and all of that?

Andra Day : I'm a professional. I think I can figure out the timing and what not.

And.... here's the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment