Sunday, January 23, 2022

"Take Me to Church" by Nicole Cross

 



I discovered Hozier when he was slated as the musical guest on Saturday Night Live.

Jess and I were both checking our phones while waiting for the Weekend Update segment to come on, and Hozier was belting out this single that was in fairly heavy rotation, I guess, for radio listeners and what have you.
Jess glanced up from her screen.
For the next five minutes, she sounded like she was in a Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup commercial.
"MMMMMMMMmmmm," she said, shaking her head slowly from side to side. "Mmmmm, mmmm, mmmmm..."
The audience burst into applause, the network went to commercial, and Jess turned to me.
"He can take me to church ANYTIME," she declared. "I like the cut of his jib."
Then we resumed waiting for Weekend Update.

I dig Nicole Cross's version.







No comments:

Post a Comment