Thursday, January 6, 2022

"Baby I'm-A Want You" by Isaac Hayes




Back in the early '70's, in the center of an enormous cloud of marijuana (I assume), David Gates of Bread was talking to his bandmates in the green room after another sold out show.

"We may never become the most popular band in the world," he says before taking a ginormous toke on the tightly rolled joint between his fingers. "But, if we end up getting one of our songs covered by the voice of a cartoon elementary school cafeteria worker, then, by Jove, I believe we've officially made it."
Good news, Dave! (Can I call you Dave? I know it's less formal than you're used to... I'm sorry. David.) Chef rocked this one out a mere two decades after your initial release!
And rock it out, he did. Those horns. Get it, Isaac.






No comments:

Post a Comment