Friday, January 7, 2022

"Kokomo" by Holiday Sidewinder




Thanks to the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, I was unable to procure a factory job in my youth. So, I made money the old fashioned way — waited for birthdays, or occasionally dabbled in the petty larceny syndicate on the mean streets of Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania.

Between the two, 10 year old me was able to scrounge together 7.99, which I used to buy… The "Cocktail” soundtrack on cassette.
It was a purchase I in no way regret. Tons of great songs, plus one from Robbie Nevil.
The album’s cornerstone, though, and what cemented me as a prepubescent yacht rocker, was The Beach Boys ”Kokomo.”
This is a solid cover of it. Not a huge fan of the autotune during the chorus, but, otherwise, great work by Holiday Sidewinder.
Most of the time, YouTube has videos with the song playing over a still shot of the artist’s album cover.
Couldn’t find one, so I apologize for the pretty crappy official video. They’re musicians, not cinematographers. Which is painfully, painfully obvious.






No comments:

Post a Comment