Saturday, January 1, 2022

"New Year's Day" by Electron Love Theory




 Happy New Year, Everyone!

My track record of fulfilled resolutions hasn’t been the most stellar, but, it’s 2022, so we’ll give it another try.
I’m looking to write again in the upcoming year, even if only for a few minutes everyday.
So, this morning I’ll present to you the first in what I HOPE will be a series of 365 daily posts.
Electron Love Theory's cover of U2 seems like an obvious choice for today. All is quiet…. Except for Rory, who wakes up at some ungodly hour of the morning demanding Cinnamon Toast Crunch, which he’ll eat while watching YouTube videos at eardrum-splitting decibel levels.
I love the hopefulness that Bono and company had during their idealistic years in the early ‘80s. “Say it’s true, it’s true…. and we can break through….Though torn in two….. We can be one….”
Here’s to a year with that solidarity and togetherness.
Totally unrelated, but if you have a favorite cover or twenty that you’d like me to write about, send it my way!






No comments:

Post a Comment