Sunday, February 20, 2022

"Bullet with Butterfly Wings" by Taking Back Sunday




If the song "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" stole my laptop on the subway, I'd have a pretty tough time differentiating between The Smashing Pumpkins version and the Taking Back Sunday cover in the police lineup.

There are subtle distinctions, sure. But like those seen in round 23 of "Photo Hunt" visual games, where it's nearly impossible to tell that the watermelon slice has 48 seeds rather than 47.
I could be way off base, but I believe Taking Back Sunday got their name when lead singer Adam Lazzara was hanging out with Corey Feldman at the bottom of a wishing well in Astoria, Oregon. Someone had chucked in several hundred calendars with random days circled. "This was my day, my Sunday," cried Corey as he pointed to a date circled in red Sharpie. "And I'm taking it back. I'm taking them all back."

No comments:

Post a Comment