Thursday, February 24, 2022

"Steppin' Out" by American Hi-Fi

 



Boston Indie rockers American Hi-Fi and, to a greater degree, their fan base contributed to one of my favorite concert experiences.

It was in the late Spring of 2001, and they were playing at an arena on the grounds of a Great Adventure theme park in Jackson, New Jersey.
The venue was filled to capacity, and then some. America Hi-Fi were engaging and fun. They played their encore. Everyone cheered. And then....
The stadium emptied. Tons of teens made their mass exodus, presumably to spend hours waiting in line for Kingda Ka.
Their departure left me six rows back from Belinda Carlisle and The Go-Go's.
It was my first time seeing The Go-Go's live in concert, and my proximity to the stage, made possible by thousands of young folk taking off without realizing what they would be missing, made my inner ten year old extremely happy.
Here, American Hi-Fi take on Joe Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment