Monday, February 21, 2022

"Faith" by Lake Street Dive



Remember when Elmo from Sesame Street was all the rage? When Tickle Me Elmo dolls were going up on EBay for three times my monthly salary? Then came a barrage of other must-haves: Chicken Dance Elmo, Rock and Roll Elmo, Walk and Talk Elmo, Hokey Pokey Elmo….
I liked Elmo just fine, but Telly was way cooler of a neurotic little Muppet, and he didn’t get a fraction of Elmo’s fanfare.
So it is with cover versions of George Michael’s “Faith.”
The Limp Bizkit nu-metal version was all over the damn place in 1997. I believe I heard it played in grocery stores.
I hadn’t heard of Lake Street Dive until Lynn suggested it as a featured cover, touting it as “a song to belt out while driving. Alone.”
I can’t disagree. It’s an under-the-radar jazzy, swingy, bluesy gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment