Sunday, February 6, 2022

"Best Day of My Life" by Elenyi




What's not to love about "Best Day of My Life" by American Authors? It's catchy as all get out. It has a music video featuring a furry long-fanged monster befriending the band and hanging out playing basketball and frequenting strip joints. And, it was featured on the soundtrack of "Paul Blart : Mall Cop Part 2!" The only thing.... ONLY thing.... that could improve it would be if it were covered by a trio of Mormon sisters.

FANTASTIC NEWS! Elenyi have done just that, on their album "Straight Outta Utah." At least, I assume that's the name of it.
I had one beef with the song. The vocal track can be isolated so that we don't hear the "two. three. four" between transitions. I mean, y'all aren't The Ramones.
The four counts were in the original song, too, though.... so I don't hold it against them.






No comments:

Post a Comment